Position : Industry Type Petroleum / Oil & Gas
Functional Area IT - Hardware
Location of Job Doha - Qatar
Other Benefitsaccommodation and transport provided
1. Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP / IP or non-TCP / IP networking protocols and / or one or more UNIX-
based or non-UNIX based operating systems.
3. Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
5. Perform and / or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
6. Maintain site licenses for department / organization.
7. Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
8. Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
10. Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation / system availability and performance expectations.
11. Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
12. Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
13. Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
14. Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
15. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
16. Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
Desired Candidate's Profile
Profile Diploma or Degree in IT 5 years in a contracting environment
Experience in management of Network / System Infrastructure in Windows and Linux platform.
Experience in planning and managing Network setup with technical responsibilities in a medium and complex environment.
Experience in providing network management support to enterprise customers (Level 2 / 3). Should have strong fundamental knowledge about network / telecom concepts.
Should have worked in corporate environment as a network management or support Services.
Experience with managing Cisco / switch platforms and other devices like load balancers / content filtering / firewalls / IDS / IPS and network modeling software.
Networking certification from Cisco (e.g. CCNA) and Microsoft would be a plus.
Experience5 - 8 years
EducationBasic - Bachelor of Science ( Technology )