Business development :
1. Ensure proper implementationand follow up on utilization plans of fleet by executing thechartering activities.
2. Analyze market outlook and assist in identifyingpossible business opportunities and possible chartering processesenhancements.
3. Assistin capturing suitable chartering opportunities and maximizing theutilization of the vessels under the in-house Commercial managementof Nakilat.
4. Build and maintain relationships with brokers,ship-owners, ship agents, shippers, receivers, charterers and portagencies worldwide.
Schedule visits to load / discharge terminals togauge ground level situation and maintain relationship withship’s command.
5. Work closely with the commercial& analysis team to review business / chartering opportunityassumptions.
Legal andInsurance :
6. Review terms of Charter Party with Legal and Insurancefunctions and ensure that company’s interests areprotected by ensuring necessary insurance coverage is in place,proper defense is arranged through vessels’ P&IClub and finally seek reimbursement of relevant expenses fromcharterers as per charter party clauses.
7. Negotiate TCP claims, seek legaladvice and provide recommendation to Head of Chartering.
8. Maintain close dialogue withmarket players, brokers, and potential customers.
9. Keep scouting around forchartering opportunities to maximize fleet utilization.
10. Assist ingathering market updates, competition update, trade outlook and anyother information required to build a proposal / recommendationpackage for management.
11. Assist in evaluating different chartering opportunitiesby analyzing voyage calculations / economics and provide differentscenarios to Head of Chartering.
12. Ensure negotiation of charterparty terms as per company’s policy and procedures.
13. Coordinate TCP reviewprocess with internal stakeholders.
14. Ensure vessels’information (e.g., Q88, Form C, list of Primary terminals), to beused in marketing the vessels for business, is always keptup-to-date.
15. Coordinate with Charterers for issuing voyageinstructions as may be necessary.