This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Custodial Services Manager (CSM) is responsible for the overall management of maintenance and custodial services under the programs for recreation services, linen exchange, lodging, and hospital aseptic services as specified in the Performance Work Statement.
The CSM reports to the Site Manager and may supervise the following position(s) : Lead Maintenance Technician, Lead Cleaning Technician, Maintenance Technician and Cleaning Technicians.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Responsible for the overall management, execution, and personnel supervision of maintenance and custodial services as specified in the Performance Work Statement.
2. Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, leading by example, working as a team and providing well maintained equipment and facilities.
3. Prepares reports, enforces safety and performance standards.
4. Shall perform work in a safe manner that presents a clean, neat and professional appearance while maintaining satisfactory facility and equipment conditions.
5. Oversees and performs maintenance and repair work on fitness equipment, bicycles, bicycle racks, popcorn machines, arcade machines, microwaves, refrigerators, washer and dryers and open face coolers, etc.
6. Identify needed parts and prepare purchase requests.
7. Oversees and performs custodial work including, but not limited to, linen removal, cleaning and exchange, restroom cleaning and supply replenishment, clean floors, baseboards, corners and wall / floor edges, collect / remove trash, dust, clean window / interior / exterior glass, clean restrooms and locker rooms, furniture, beds and curtains as specified in the PWS.
8. Shall follow all aseptic cleaning requirements and provide waste / refuse collection of bio-hazard hospital regulated medical waste.
9. Shall provide driving and loading / unloading assistance with deliveries of supplies, bottled water and newspapers.
10. Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
11. Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
12. Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
13. Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
14. Shall perform as supplemental personnel as needed for all Installation Service functional areas.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED :
Medical personal protection equipment such as gowns, latex gloves, shoe covers, masks and eye protection as necessary. Standard and aseptic cleaning supplies and equipment.
Mechanic’s tool kit, various hand and power tools. Standard office equipment (Computer, phone, scanner), and automated management systems.
may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of portable radios or cell phones to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
Work will be inside and outside. Exposure to cold, dust, noise, and chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs.
Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
Task specific work environment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U.
S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
Physical requirements may include lifting up to 35lbs, team lifting 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, and standing, stooping, stretching or bending.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Two-year vocational school certificate in maintenance technologies, military training or equivalent preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Valid Passport and Driver’s License.
Must have an international driver's license and capability of obtaining an Air Force flight line driver’s license and capable of driving a manual transmission.
Must have and maintain a valid SECRET or Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to deployment.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) defense training.
Training includes the successful fit testing of DoD provided protective gear.
A minimum of five years of working within a custodial and maintenance environment with progressive supervisory / training experience.
Shall have knowledge of applicable fire prevention, ground safety, smoking, and security standards, basic electrical principals and be able to provide knowledgeable, courteous and professional customer service.
Experience as a Forklift driver and HAZMAT training preferred.
Great communication, teamwork and customer service skills.
Capable of using basic tools and instruments to repair, diagnose, assemble, adjust, tests and calibrate fitness equipment, bicycles, bicycle racks and machines.
Capable of operating audio and visual equipment.
Must be skilled with Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time