Procurement & Supply Chain
Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
The Freight Coordinator expedites these services, including the proactive pursuit of all deliverables including shipping documents as well as any critical information pertaining to shipping and receiving.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
i. Generic :
1) Commitment to Health, Safety and Environment
3) Global Mindset
4) People & Teamwork (Interpersonal Skills)
5) Verbal and Written Communication Skills in English
6) Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office / Excel / ERP)
7) Knowledge of procurement & supply chain Operations
8) Counseling skills
9) Knowledge in Shipyard Operations
ii. Functional : 1) Analytical Skills
1) Analytical Skills
2) Thorough Understanding of Procurement procedures
3) Team Management Skills
4) Time Management skills
5) Coordination Skills
6) Knowledge of INCO Terms
7) Negotiation Skills
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning & Scheduling
1. Plans & schedules appropriate mode of Transport for shipments based on operational needs in coordination with purchase department.
2. Estimating the Logistic Cost and schedule for the material to assist the commercial department and Buyer if requires.
Coordination Internal Stakeholders
3. Coordinate with & execute jobs Concerning transportation, logistics System, Expediting, Import or Export of both company purchased deliverables and client supplied material (OFE).
4. Coordinate with Project team for the offloading the OFE items in Ship Yard
5. Handle all activates related to Freight Forwarding for the Business unit.
6. Liaise with Purchasers with regards to Shipments upon the PO send to Oversea Vendor.
7. Coordinate & liaise with Purchase & forwarder for consolidation of cargo for optimum space & cost benefit taking into consideration urgency.
8. Ensures proper shipping documents are required for shipment & clearance and monitoring the Tracking sheet and Proper filing of shipping documentation.
Verify Shipping Documents working with vendor / Client to match QCA and international requirements.
9. Coordinate with Warehouse for delivery / taking out materials.
10. Coordinate daily activity to track location & movement of shipments.
11. Verify freight bills submitted are in line with the agreed rates.
12. Review Invoices and clearance documents for finance for payment process
13. Coordinate with Project Managers, Clients, forwarders & customs for documentation, shipment & clearance of owner supplied items both to the yard as well as out of the yard
14. Book Shipments Cost in the SAP for the PO Material
Coordination - External Stakeholders
15. Sending RFQ to various forwarder on Freight and Selection will be done based on the best rate and best transit time.
16. Coordinating with the Port Agent and Port for the customs clearance and berthing for the unloading the cargo in N KOM yard.
17. Liaise with government bodies & agencies in coordination with forwarders for approval & clearance of cargo coming under dangerous good / EPC etc.
18. Liaise with suppliers / clients for correct shipping documentation.
19. Coordinate with supplier / Client / forwarders to expedite the material readiness and delivery schedule.
20. Coordinate & liaise with supplier / client / forwarders (Local & Overseas) with regard to documentation and confirming on the draft docs.
21. Evaluate forwarders periodical.
22. Coordinate and arrange with forwarder for chartering the Break bulk Vessel for N-KOM PO / Client material.
23. Coordinate with forwards & customs agents for prompt clearance of shipment & timely collection of material to meet project deadlines
24. Follow up with Airline for the (Cargo Arrival Notice) and work with Central logistics team for Customs Clearance .
25. Follow with forwarder for the shipment status on daily basis
Monitoring & Reports
26. Produce reports as necessary for management review and presentation
27. Preparing the Export docs for our client material for overhauling job and coordinating with vessel for the MLA.
28. Preparing the Logistics Cost saving sheet monthly
29. Preparing KPI data for Logistics monthly
30. Reviewing the cost recovery before submitting to Finance & Commercial for billing.
31. Reviewing the cost summary sheet for each project before sending to Commercial Department for billing.
32. Preparing the Cost Saving on monthly basis and will send the summary to manager.
33. Inform internal and external parties on schedule, cost statutory regulation and requisites to achieve the best way of transportation import / export of the deliverables.
34. Ensure compliance with all government regulations regarding environmental, safety & dangerous good.