The Security System Technician will design, install, program, maintain, and repair the Intrusion Detection Systems and CCTV systems and other surveillance equipment and associated components on three installations.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES : 1. Program & Service all types of security products including but NOT limited to; head end Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), analog and IP CCTV cameras and systems, thermal imaging systems, fiber optic, infrared and microwave-based alarm processors.
2. Follow up on projects and questions promptly, provide businesslike replies to inquiries and requests and perform all duties in an orderly manner3.
Provide troubleshooting, programming and service including but not limited to; Programming, repairing, or replacing cameras, installing or programming Video recorders & Video Management Systems (VMS) including software initial set up, training and software upgrades.
4. Programming or replacing IDS components, such as door contacts, motion sensors, solar panels, batteries, control equipment, hold up devices, and site-specific IDS devices including software initial set up, training and software upgrades.
5. Able to setup, program, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade all related servers, workstations, DVRs and other integral systems as related to IDS and security systems.
6. Knowledge of fiber data systems to include installing, programming, and troubleshooting data transmission and receiving equipment as well as fiber optic repair to include splicing and terminating,7.
Able to troubleshoot electronics and integrated circuits at the component level and quickly identify and rectify issues.
8. Knowledge of how to read / follow CAD drawings, electrical layouts, to program systems to match sequence of operation of security systems9.
Able to determine materials required for jobs specifically compatibility of devices per hardware & software requirements for all IDS and VMS.
10. Keep informed of new products and developments. Attend in-house training sessions and manufacturers’ training as assigned and / or required.
11. Accurately complete and return all paperwork on time and maintain and conduct an inventory of all parts and material.
12. Be available for occasional off-hour emergency service calls and the on-call schedule if assigned.13. Report all accidents, mishaps and / or customer complaints immediately to Supervisor and Program Management Office.
14. Keep company issued vehicle clean, neat, and organized.15. Maintain neat and orderly workspaces that properly ensures all customer and company provided tools and materials are accounted for and stored in a proper manner.
16. Work cooperatively with military personnel and department leadership within the company and with fellow coworkers17. Interface with military to address their concerns in a knowledgeable and respectful manner18.
Provide accurate and complete information on reports and quotes.19. Manage time including time on the job as well as time for other projects as needed.
20. Skill set to include retrofit or new construction project implementation of new or existing security integration systems21.
Knowledge of IP networking systems programming and configurations to include switches, routers and Tx / Rx components utilizing both fiber and copper.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED : Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPR), Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router (NIPR).
A Wide Range of Desktop and Laptop Computers a wide range of client software. A wide selection of TMDE including electrical testers, video testers and fiber test equipment. WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES : 1. Personnel will also be required to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.2. Individual must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. unassisted.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : Education / Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. Secret Clearance2. Certified in the Vindicator IDS, Fibersensys FiberDefender and Pelco VideoXpert VMS systems3. Verifiable training or certifications for IP networking systems configurations.
Ex. Comptia Network+ or equivalent.3. High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) 4. Valid driver’s license required Experience :
SUPERVISORY / BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES : Directing the entire Public Works Department both through leadership and budgeting
SecurityClearance Level required at Start Date : Secret
Full-timeWe are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual.
This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace.
Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
EOE / Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.