1. Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans andprograms.
2. Performs all duties assigned to aconsultant physician.
4. Assumes direct responsibilityfor the patients under his / her medical attendance in the assignedunit.
5. Conducts rounds and undertakes supervision oftreatment of the inpatients as well as screening and examination ofthe outpatients.
6. Undertakes supervisoryresponsibility for the medical staff within the unit and preparesregular reports on the activities of the unit for the departmenthead / chairman.
7. Participates in the variouscommittees for the upgrading of services and organization of workwithin and outside the hospital.
8. Participates in theplanning and implementation of the department development plans andthe different manpower training programs for the medical, technicaland nursing staff.
9. Participates in the planning andfollow up of the medical education and research activities.
10. Performs all relevant interventions related to his / herfield of specialization.
11. Participates in healtheducation programs through orientation and scientificpresentations.
12. Participates in scheduling ofon-call duties and provides on-call services.
13.Participates in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supplyand equipment needs.
14. Writes, completes and approvesmedical records and reports for patients.
15. Providesguidance and counsel to other departments when requested.
16. Completes and maintains his set of clinicalprivileges
17. Complies with Revalidation guidelinesand standards
18. Acquires SCH License to practice andmaintains it while working.
19. Performs otherduties as assigned / directed by the chairperson / head of thedepartment and approved by the Medical Director.
20. Ensure self and member of the Investigation Team areproperly trained.
21. Compiles with the policiessystems and processes in place that governs research.
22. Ensure patients are aware of their rights andresponsibilities and access to research.
23. Thespecific details about roles and responsibilities related to eachspecialty can be found in their job plan which is maintained by theDepartment.