1. Ensure the service availability for the entire Virtualization Infrastructure.2. Solid knowledge of networking protocols (HTTP / S, S / FTP, TCP / IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
3. Configuring and administering storage related to VMware administration4. Diagnosing and resolving performance issues5.
Maintaining consistent system documentation6. Coordinating, managing, and validating software and environment changes7. Perform installations and upgrades during weekend maintenance window.
8. Configuring and administering VMware VSphere 6.5,6.7 for Business critical applications and VDIs.9. Configuring and administering VDI infrastructure in a VMware Hypervisor.
10. Deploying new images (vdisk), keep vdisk up to date with Windows security patches11. Comply with Client Change Management processes and best practices12.
Provide technical leadership for upcoming projects13. Lead design updates and architecture revisions14. Address high severity issues and service outages15.
Review periodic reports of server health, resource usage, user experience, and overall environment performance to determine next steps and upgrade paths16.
Review change control requests which impact the VMware environment17. Raise support tickets with the appropriate vendor to resolve critical issues.
18. Ensure technical specifications continue to meet business needs19. Ensure that the Disaster Recovery plans are always ready to be used with VMware Site Recovery Manager.
20. Ensure that the vSphere hypervisors are running with latest updates as recommended by the vendors.21. Ensures that the hardware on which vSphere runs is having the latest firmware and vendor updates.
22. Ensures that the DRS and HA settings for the clusters are configured as per the business needs. Ensures that the Vcenter is running with the latest updates and product versions.
Education : Bachelor's degree / higher diploma