With theplanned ramp-up to 12-rig operation, dedicated staff required tosupport the Drilling & Completions Department, in Businessactivities where heavy interfaces with Finance processes areanticipated, including AFE stewardship, invoice verification,controls compliance, etc.
The candidate who fills this positionwill be focusing on facilitating effective interaction andcommunication between the D&C Team, Finance and Supplyorganizations.
1. Prepare reports andanalysis related to AFE expenditures
a. Prepare monthlyreports comparing WellView Field Cost Estimates to SAP actuals.Obtain Engineering analysis and provide explanations asneeded.
b. Provide reports to Drilling Engineers thatanalyze actual booked costs, accruals and allocations by AFE.
c. Investigate and provide explanations of questionable SAPentries.
d. Prepare correcting journal entries asnecessary. Submit to Finance for processing (do not typically have"write" access to financial systems).
2. Monitor AFE cumulative spending (80%, 90%, etc. spend reports,overrun resolution) and assist in supplement preparation.
3. Initiate Final AFE reconciliations (AFE vs. SAP Actual vs.WellView) and work with Engineers to provide detailed explanations,overrun approvals, etc.
4. Communicate to Finance whenD&C Team's work is complete (typically FRR date) sothat Finance can initiate AFE close-out and depreciation.
5. Assist with providing Finance necessary data (rig days,FCE, etc.) for developing financial accruals.
6.Participate in review of cost allocation methodologies to ensurethat such processes are fair and well documented. Assist with datacollection and communication.