Art Education Department
College / Department Profile
College Profile :
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at theUniversity of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of theEducation Reform.
Its mission is to prepare and develop educationalpractitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, andattitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatarischools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educationalneeds and objectives of Qatari society.
The top priorities of theCollege of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and thequality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Art education invites applications for a faculty position of assistant professor in Art Education, beginning in the fall semester 2021.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate courses in the Bachelor program for Art education, supervises student research and project writing, engages in individual and institutional research projects in Art education, and related fields, and participates in outreach educational activities.
candidates will be considered for the position on the basis of the selection criteria below. The candidate should address these criteria in the application :
1. Bilingual in (Arabic & English).
2. Highest earned degree from prestigious institution.
3. Has teaching experience in the area of specialization at the university for more than three years, at the prestigious University.
4. Has experience and research activities, and numbers of papers published in prestigious international journals.
5. Has the ability to work with the team in collaborative environment.
6. Has The ability to use information and communication technology for personal and professional purposes.
7. Has records of achievement and CV refers to the degree of his / her appointment to the position advertised.
1. PhD in Art education from prestigious university.
2. Experience in research and teaching in art education at prestigious university.
3. Bilingual (Arabic & English).
1. Current Curriculum Vitae (Arabic, English).
2. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
3. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree ifgraduated from an institution where course work was completed.
However,if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from theregistrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding yourhighest academic degree).
4. At least one recommendation and two references, including contactdetails and addresses of e-mail providers stated number of these recommendation / references.
5. Experience in Studio area, especially ceramics, crafts, 3D design,and painting, will need technical staff.
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to yourapplication.