The Opportunity : Joining the MEA One Commercial Partner (OCP) team as a Partner Technical Architect (PTA) Dynamics 365 Unified Operations means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners to capitalize on the Digital Transformation market opportunity.
Working in OCP means you are shaping the world’s largest eco-system of technology companies working to digitally transform the world’s most innovative companies, large and small.
Microsoft’s Mission : Through our partners Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products.
Overseeing Digital Transformation Success : The PTA plays a critical role in working with partners to provide deep technical support through solution build and first mile customer engagements including Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions (ADS), Hackathons.
The Role : The PTA is a Solutions Architect building relationship with partner technical and development resources designing and architecting new solutions based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Unified Operations and Power platform.
PTAs deliver value via a portfolio of service delivery engagements optimized to accelerate partner solution builds and first mile customer wins.
A Solutions Architect : The PTA Is a technology expert who stands out because of their deep solutions knowledge. They can go toe to toe with Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 and Power Platform engineering teams and blackbelts often surfacing product issues, feeding back valuable data and insights that accelerate fixes and updates.
The ideal candidate : will have proven experience and skills in a customer / partner facing role and have demonstrated success leading deep technical value discussions with senior executives, driving decisions and implementation.
The successful candidate for this role will have a technical seniority and acumen and understanding for sales and business development skills.
This position is highly visible within the partner’s organization and our sales and marketing organization and is expected to lead the technical strategies and motions to accelerate our partners growth while delivering customer success.
The Partner Technical Architect (PTA) Dynamics 365 Unified Operations within One Commercial Partner Organization will drive practice-
based partner technical capabilities in collaboration with the Partner Development Managers (PDMs) and Partner Technology Strategist (PTS).
This is a partner facing role that is accountable for developing and supporting Microsoft Dynamics 365 practices with global services, regional services and ISV partners.
Key responsibilities include :
1. Technical Enablement : Jointly develop technical enablement plan for partners
2. Enablement Execution : Lead and or contribute to the delivery of workshops, Bootcamps, trainings necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partners.
Build strong relationships with partner technical and development resources to design and architect new Dynamics 365 Unified Operations solutions
3. Technical Engagement : Lead the execution of deep technical engagements including : Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, Hackathons to define and bring new solutions to market.
Collaborate with engineering on building partner-led IP for vertical industries and regional localization solutions.
4. Partner Skilling and Sharing Best Practices : Network and collaborate with Microsoft’s Engineering, Global Black Belt and Sales and Marketing teams on specific skill requirements for partners and the sharing of best practices
5. Technical Acumen : Understands technology trends and opportunities, compliance / risk issues by reading, attending webinars, conferences delivered by Industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC.
Develops a multi-cloud technology adoption roadmap and advices partners on its execution according to business priorities
6. Technical Network : Invests in own LinkedIn Profile to promote value, experiences and expertise. Responsible for building an expansive Network of partner technical contacts and internal contacts including Engineering, Global Black belts, Sales, Marketing and peer Architects
7. Evangelist : Evangelizes the partners practice and solutions in customer’s implementations via Technical briefings, Architecture Review Sessions
8. Implementation Success : Improves partner’s implementation success by increasing the number of certified architects in the partner’s organization.
9. Pre-Sales : Enable the partner on key strategic partner’s opportunities through : Technical Architectural Review, Architectural Design Sessions (ADS), Proof of Concepts, Advanced Workshops, Hackathons, Deployment and Consumption Review.
Required Qualifications :
5+ years of experience in Dynamics 365 with deep specialization with Unified Operations aka Finance and Operations (F&O).
3+ years of experience with cloud computing, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
5+ years of related experience in technology solutions development, Cloud / Business Applications technologies.
Additional Qualifications :
Experience with the Power Platform technologies and ecosystem strongly preferred.
Fluent knowledge of and experience with Microsoft cloud services and technical expertise of the Microsoft platform.
Proven working experience on technical sales and technical account management. Project management skills.
Experience on software development and extending solutions in the cloud.
Knowledge of competing platforms and solutions.
Recommended domain knowledge areas
Deep technical skill on business application platform, technical components of the Dynamics 365 platform, and significant experience in the relevant practice area and technology focus.
Orchestration of application development lifecycle.
Experience in vertical industries, proven by projects / solutions implemented with substantial business processes covering Financial and Insurance, Manufacturing, Consumer Goods, Healthcare / Life Sciences, Retail, or other business to consumer industry scenarios.
Demonstrable architecture, design, implementation, and / or support of complex application architectures.
Extensive experience of collaborating with virtual teams across functions and geographies :
Inclusive and collaborative driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.
Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills.
Proven track record of building deep sales relationships with CXOs and practice building executives in ISV, MSP, CD and SIs.
Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and / or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field experience required, Masters Degree strongly preferred
Certifications in domain-specific technologies required.
Be a Microsoft Dynamics 365 certified (for example, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Supply Chain Management Functional), or have an industry equivalent certification.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.