Job Number 21137032
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton Doha, P.O. Box 23400, Doha, Qatar, Qatar
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them.
As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over.
We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1) Maintain and strictly abide by Qatar sanitation / health regulations and hotel requirements.
2) Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
3) Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental / hotel policies and procedures.
4) Meet with Chef de Cuisine to review assignments,work closely as a team with Asist Chef De Cuisine, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
Insure that Commis 1 / 2 / 3,Demi Chef’s and stewards are working within the guidelines of tasks and in a timely manner.
5) Complete opening duties :
a) Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
b) Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with standards.
c) Check production schedule and pars.
d) Establish priority items for the day.
e) Inform the Chef de cuisine of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
f) Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
8) Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
9) Start prep work and production of items needed for the day.
10) Prepare all meals following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
11) Inform the Chef de Cuisine of any shortages before the item runs out.
12) Monitor quality and amounts of food on the service line.
13) Anticipate usage levels and prepare replenishments on a timely basis.
14) Check with Chef de Cuisine for any prep work needed by the main kitchen.
15) Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
16) Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
17) Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
18) Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the potwash station
19) Breakdown work station and complete closing duties according to department standards :
a) Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
b) Rotate all returned product.
c) Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
d) Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
e) Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins / walk-ins, shelves.
f) Return all unused and clean utensils / equipment to the specified locations.
g) Ice down hot items from the steam table, so they cool quickly.
h) Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
i) Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
20) Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Chef de cuisine before leaving.
21) Successful completion of training / certification process.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.