Job Title : RADIATION PROTECTION OFFICER
Reference Code : OG-7002389
Drilling and completions
Primary purpose of job
Provide advice and guidance on all matters related to radiation within Drilling and Completions Operations. Supervise contractor’s NORM activities on both onshore and offshore fields.
Develop and maintain Radiation Protection Program an d ensure operation execution at well site compliance with relevant regulatory, corporate and department requirements.
1. Develop, maintain, and monitor Drilling and Completion Operations radiation protection program / procedure in alignment with QP Corporate requirements, relevant international standards, national laws and regulations.
2. Liaise with Drilling & Completions staff and Corporate HSE for MME licensing requirements and all matters related to radiation protection.
3. Perform regular site visits / inspections to onshore and offshore fields, ensure compliance with QP HSE regulations, procedures and safe work practices concerning radiation protection.
4. Assist and Supervise NORM contractor for NORM control at well site for both onshore and offshore fields and provide all technical advice.
5. Ensure all QP radiation related requirements and clauses are reviewed and included in the relevant tenders and contracts as applicable and monitor the implementation status during every phase of the contract.
6. Assess radiation risks in the workplace and advice mitigation and control measures including personal radiation dose monitoring, calibration of equipment and maintaining records.
7. Ensure radiation & Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) surveys are accurately conducted to ascertain radiation levels in workplaces.
8. Oversee the operation of NORM yard by ensuring that the contractor meets all contractual, regulatory and QP requirements.
9. Identify Radiation Safety Promotional and Awareness needs, develop and deliver awareness programs on radiation protection.
10. Lead and coordinate enquiries related to radiation incidents including incident investigation, monitoring the implementation of corrective actions, and sharing learnings to prevent recurrence
Experience & Skills
Familiar on drilling activity with completion accessories, materials, and tools.
This requires an in-depth NORM knowledge well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong networking and credibility are required across the entire Drilling & Completions organization and with contractors and service companies.
At least 8 years’ experience in oil and gas business including minimum 3 years exposed to NORM operation is a must either on drilling, WO or well service operation.
B.Sc degree In an Engineering discipline or equivalent. Completed Radiation Protection Training Course recognized by Regulatory authority with valid RPO licensing.
Good computer application and English proficiency with excellent oral and written communication skills.