Gulf Studies Center
College / Department Profile
Qatar University Profile :
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar.
The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry.
All members of the University - faculty, staff, and students - are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
College Profile :
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses eleven departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature & Linguistics, Arabic Language, Humanities, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, International Affairs, Policy, Planning & Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Mass Communication, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Material Science, and Sports Science.
The College also houses five graduate programs in Environmental Sciences, Gulf Studies, Material Science, Statistics, and Arabic Language.
Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers.
The College also houses three established research centers namely the Center for Social Science and Humanities, the Center for Sustainable Development, and the Gulf Studies Center.
As members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas.
Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is a major source of research funding, with individual project funding exceeding 1 million / project (5 million for exceptional projects), along with student research funding programs, As the national and targest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research-
active faculty members winning multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities1 .Teach courses in the area of migration, gender issues, cultural issues, youth, and art2.Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level3.
Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications4.Serve as student advisor5.Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
1. Ph. D. in the areas such as sociology, anthropology and similar disciplines2.Strong peer reviewed publication record3.
Teaching experience at tertiary level4.Familiar with Educational technologies used in higher education sector5.Willingness to work with teams6.
Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds7.Excellent written and oral communication skills
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.
However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.