The Role :
1. Carry out physical examinations and routine clinical examinations, making appropriate investigations, interpreting results and making diagnoses.
Provide emergency cover at all times.
2. Provide advice, internal and external referrals to consultants and second opinions to doctor(s) as required and approves all referrals to hospitals.
Verifies and checks all hospital specialist referral done by him / her and update the senior doctor regarding them. Issue prescriptions for drugs required to deal with problems of patients.
3. Undertake routine pre-placement medical examination of new employees with the assistance of the Nurse to measure elementary medical parameters.
Investigates medical history and conducts systemic examinations and laboratory tests to ensure the fitness of employees for duty.
4. Establish good working relationships with local hospitals in Doha and follow up progress of admitted patients through regular visitation programs and consultation with the attending physician / surgeon.
5. Under supervision of the senior medical doctor, implement and supervise the delivery of preventative medicine programs and formulating preventative medicine and health promotion programs.
6. Provide advice to Medical management on preventing or minimizing medical hazards in the work and home environments.
7. Ensure the preparation of the daily, weekly, monthly and annual Medical reports on patients referred, treated or hospitalized, including monthly reports to the Ministry of Health on cases involving infectious diseases.
8. Contribute to the clinic, by ensuring it has adequate supply of medicines, dressings, instruments and that equipment is maintained to high standards and immediately inform the senior medical doctor of any shortage or breakdown.
9. Oversee and approve Medical Claims submitted by Company employees.
Essential Skills / Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree in Medicine.
Master Degree in Family / Internal Medicine or equivalent.
5 years' experience in Family / Internal medicine in a Primary Care set up.
Proficient in written and spoken English
Proficient in data interpretation and reporting.
About Fircroft :
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide.
By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 / 679.
Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.