INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
ICT GENERAL TECHNICIAN (Telecommunications Services)
Primary Purpose of Job
The General Technician Telecommunications Services is to conduct, manage, and supervise implementation, operational and maintenance requirements of Telephony and Services related telecommunication systems infrastructure and maintaining a 24X7 availability and delivery of telecommunication related applications and services across the corporation.
The incumbent will also have direct first level role in operation, management and technical support of related systems. Applicants must have great deal of hands-
on experience in implementation and operation of these systems : 1- Analog and IP Telephony ( PABX and DEL, HL etc) 2- Transmission systems such as PDH, SDH, DWDM and Microwave 3-
Passive Infrastructure (Copper and Fibre cabling) 4- CCTV, TCP / IP suite, SCADA and PAGA 5- Radios and Dispatchers
grade telecommunication systems, Radio and Satellite implementation and services, emerging infrastructure services, and general industrial-
grade telecommunication technologies and systems.
Experience & Skills
1. Installation, commissioning, and testing of related telecommunication systems directly or by supervising contractors based on defined corporate standards, process and polices for delivery of resilient and stable state-
of-the-art ICT / telecommunications solutions.
2. Commissioning and testing of structured copper / fibre cabling plant and related infrastructure for transport and connectivity of telecommunication infrastructure and delivery of telecommunications services and applications.
3. Provide technical reports and documentation by review and assessment of systems or project documentation, specification, statement of work and site survey for installation, commissioning, and testing of telecommunication infrastructure to ensure and maintain a QP wide homogeneous telecommunication architecture and deployment of services.
4. Maintain high quality of all hardware installations performed by internal and external contractors by ensuring compliance with established corporate standards, policies, procedures and manuals.
5. Provide operational support requirements including application of regular preventative maintenance procedures of Telecommunications infrastructure, to avoid potential risks in loss of assets and interruption of corporate ICT / telecommunication services.
6. Maintain a 24x7 availability of resources by responding as first level of support to operational SDS requests, and incidents under normal or emergency conditions to ensure non disruptive or minimum impact on corporate telecommunication services.
7. Interact, collaborate with peers, new staff on development programs by publishing technical documentation, hosting regular training or knowledge transfer sessions to update, and improve team technical knowledge and expertise aligned with section goals to meet and maintain division telecommunication infrastructure operational requirements.
8. Secure ICT telecommunication infrastructure assets and records by application of established division controls and guidelines to preserve section infrastructure investments and ensure to maintain a safe, highly available 24x7 telecommunication network environment for business and critical industrial grade services.
9. Monitor, and apply division processes in support of operation, escalation, and resolution of assigned related incidents reported by Service Helpdesk, and Operations Centre by leveraging sophisticated tools and applications to resolve incidents in a timely manner and ensure a robust and non-
disruptive delivery of ICT / telecommunication services.