Deanship of General Studies Testing Center
College / Department Profile
Qatar University Profile :
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Department Profile :
As part of the on-going educational reform project and continuing program expansion, Qatar University is making a substantial investment in education by attracting diverse faculty, and enhancing teaching and research.
The Mission of the University’s Foundation Program is to prepare high school graduates to meet Qatar University's common entrance requirements in English, Math, and Computing.
Challenging program requirements, instructional technology , e-learning platforms and student support activities are all used to equip students with the necessary skills to pursue competitive college programs.
With more than 3000 students and 200 faculty and staff, the Foundation Program offers a dynamic, innovative and professional work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Internal Relationships External Relationships :
Colleges / Academic Departments
Admission Office and Student Affairs International Testing Agencies
Test requesting entities / clients
The Test Specialist is responsible of administration, planning and scheduling of standardized exams. Moreover, s / he maintains the testing operational organization and logistics.
1. Prepare and organize all operations for standardized tests, and recruit examiners, invigilators and scorers.
2. Manage standardized test-day proctoring / invigilation / scoring, while maintaining high professional and ethical standards.
3. Maintain test security, test environment integrity and confidentiality of information at all times.
4. Assist in the design and development of new tests / assessments.
5. Maintain test administration certification through on-going professional development.
6. Assist in verifying international, national and QU test scores submitted electronically.
7. Conduct / organize training sessions for test personnel to maintain certification standards.
8. Compose and produce a variety of business correspondence, reports confidential documents and / or forms, and materials, especially relating to testing procedures.
9. Identify staff training needs and plan for appropriate training to be provided in a timely manner.
10. Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
Education and Certifications
Master's degree from a reputable university in related field.
Certification to administer international exam(s) is desired.
Proficient in English (5.5 or above).
Minimumtwoyears’experienceintestadministration / invigilation / proctoringorasimilarposition.
Non Academic :
1. Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
Non Academic :
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.