DohaDescriptionAbout usAt Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work.by " Dare to Connect" That’s where you come in.
people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too. Join us as a Learning and Development Manager in Crowne Plaza, Doha .
You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Responsible for managing the hotel's learning & development function, including developing a compliment of qualified departmental trainers and establishes a hotel system for generating training data and evaluating results.
The Training Manager position impacts on the skills, knowledge and attitudes of every hotel employee and ensures the availability and use of effective resources.
The position also plays a leading role in promoting the desired work culture around the Winning Ways of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Crowne Plaza and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.comYour day to day1. Analyzing training needs of the hotel in general and in individual departments, developing strategies and including them in the Training Business Plan.
2. Assists Director of Human Resources with preparing annual training budget & maintains hotel training records, statistics and training and development budgets and include in a monthly training report.
3. Designs and implements training programmes which meet specific departmental needs in conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are structured and that training is effective4.
Conducts off job training sessions based on the Hotel Training Needs which include Induction and Orientation, Brand and Service training, Foundation Programmes, Driving Revenue Performance & Building Managers.
5. Analyses company statistics from Guest and Employee surveys, business financial results etc to measure success of training and the job satisfaction levels from ESPS 6.
Provides individual or group instruction to Department Heads and Supervisors to improve the effectiveness of their staff meetings, performance reviews or other training related and people activities7.
Assists in the selection of Departmental Trainers, then trains and develops them through on-going workshops and monthly meetings8.
As part of the Training Needs Analysis conducts Departmental Training Reviews on a regular basis, helping the Departmental Trainers to establish training system within the department.
9. Assists Director of Human Resources and Department Heads with identifying high potential and high value individuals and ensures career progression within the hotel / company matching it with their development potentials10.
Responsible for running the selection stage for High Potential Managers Development Centre, career insight, etc.What we need from you11.
Ensures that all employees have Personal Development Plans with identified development needs and opportunities to address them12.
Provide input to department managers prior to bi-annual performance and development reviews of their teams.13. Plans and conducts the Performance management modules for senior and supervisory level to align the process in the hotel within the time scale advised by corporate office.
14. Reviews Annual Performance Review forms and Personal Development Plans and recommends appropriate development opportunities15.
Ensures that all relevant departments have up to date Service Standards and Procedures Manuals and guides and coaches in the production of the same16.
Ensures that all Departmental Trainers are compliant with IHG ways of Training.17. Ensures that every department has got departmental monthly training calendar and the department submits training report at the end of each month18.
Observes departmental training sessions on a regular basis and provides feedback and coaching to the trainers identifying strengths and development opportunities19.
Closely monitors hotel Guest Love and Employee Engagement Survey results and develops hotel training strategy considering the appropriate scores20.
Works closely with Director of Human Resources on new employee on-boarding and ensures that every employee has completed departmental induction and has received initial skills training within the first two weeks of employment.
21. Ensures that all new starters have completed IHG Hotel Orientation program and brand culture training within one month since the starting date.
22. Prepare and monitor training programs for all trainees coming to the hotel for training purposes, work experience students and school trainees etc.
includes IHG Graduates programme)23. Maintains necessary training records24. Responsible for booking and arranging training rooms and necessary requirements.
25. Liaises with external training providers to organize training not available in house26. Liaises with educational institutions on the matters of trainee internships27.
Responsible for preparing external trainees initial training plans28. Counsels Hotel staff as needed. Develops, implements performance management systems to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance29.
To manage the hotel cross training function30. To manage / take part in key projects related to the hotel, region and the HR department31.
Manage and deliver Monthly L&D report32. Manage the role of the DT Trainer and ensure effective development of the Buddy system and in line with Departmental Task Induction33.
To maintain accurate budgeting / expenditure records and ensure an acceptable level of strict adherence to costs.