Head of Pipeline Engineering
Job Description :
Direct all pipeline engineering deliverables, ensuring the project requirements are fully executed by the EPCI contractors demonstrating high quality and as per project schedule.
Monitor pipeline engineering and design aspects of the project with other discipline leads on the Project Management Team (PMT) as necessary.
Key Job Accountabilities :
1. Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures, ensuring the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment at all times.
2. Lead and provide expert guidance and technical support to the Pipeline Engineering Section during Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCI phase of the project ensuring relevant work scope is completed in compliance with project objectives, cost and schedule.
Review and approve Pipeline Pre-FEED, FEED and detailed design documents and deliverables.
3. Provide guidance and input into FEED and EPCI contractors’ strategies, plans and procedures for Pipelines to ensure compliance with project objectives, monitoring performance, identifying potential technical problems and initiating appropriate corrective actions, advising Management in a timely manner where issues are unable to be resolved and may impact the project delivery.
4. Develop and manage the Pipeline Design Document Review Matrix.
5. Manage implementation of project risk assessment activities for Pipeline Engineering including What-Ifs, HAZOPs, Design Reviews etc.
6. Manage effective communication on all project Pipeline Engineering issues, providing relevant data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.
to ensure project milestones are met.
7. Review and approve specified contractor purchase order and subcontract packages for pipelines as required.
8. Ensures the Management of Change Process for Pipelines, including the processing of technical queries and approval of supplier concession requests, is managed to support project deliverables.
9. Monitor the various aspects of material acquisition including requisitioning, fabrication, coating testing and transportation of pipeline materials to ensure company standards are met.
10. Participate in review teams and support post-audit activities and is responsible for capturing and communicating engineering and design lessons learned.