About Us :
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum GECF is an international governmental organization with its registered Headquarters in Doha set with the objective to increase the level of coordination and strengthen the collaboration among Member countries and its work is related to natural gas and energy sector.
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) Member Countries are the world’s leading gas producers.
Disseminates information regarding the GECF's objectives, policies and decisions, using appropriate communication channels.
Establishes and maintains good relations with media and other relevant institutions, with a view to ensure fair and reasonable presentation of GECF's views and actions, as well as promoting effective publicity favorable to the Forum.
Principal Responsibilities :
1. Builds, maintains and manages a positive public image for the Forum aiming to increase public and institutional awareness about the Forum.
2. Develops and implements Forum’s PR strategy, yearly program and its related actions.
3. Disseminates information regarding GECF’s objectives, policies & decisions, using appropriate communication channels.
4. Plans strategically and coordinates communications across Member Countries.
5. Monitors the news or any kind of information on GECF, peer energy organizations and prepares daily brief for the Secretary General.
6. Organizes and manages press conferences and interviews.
7. Follows closely the deliberations of GECF Conferences and Executive Board Members, all Committees, Commissions, and relevant organs of GECF in order to have total knowledge of GECF's policy, directions and priorities.
8. Prepares properly reasoned and documented responses to adverse publicity about GECF.
9. Responsible for all publications (electronics or otherwise) of the Forum and monitors closely production of special publications (brochures, specialized publications, flyers, etc.
for strategic audiences with the objective of disseminating positive messages about the Forum.
10. Cooperates with technical departments for monitoring the gas market to be reported to the Secretary General and the Member Countries and prepares summaries for the website.
Experience : Minimum 8 years of active experience in public relations and / or in journalism, preferably in media, government or international organizations operating in energy and gas related sectors.
Previous experience in development and execution of PR program is mandatory. Experience in preparation of articles, press releases, speeches and other press and PR materials in English language is essential.
Language : Must possess excellent oral, written, and grammar English skills.
Skills, Knowledge & Personal traits :
ü preparing, producing and disseminating information to the various media
ü establishing and maintaining good public relations
Salary & Benefits Information :