Manager Business Development (*)
The BDM assumes leadership for all Sales and Key Account Management activities in Qatar. The position takes responsibility for the overall sustainable and profitable business growth, which includes but is not limited to acquiring business from new customers, developing new businesses and maintaining relationships with existing customers.
1. Achieving overall business growth and retention targets (financial & volume) of Schenker Qatar
2. Lead, manage and develop a cohesive and highly motivated team, covering all commercial segments (Sales, Marketing, Key Accounts, trade lanes)
3. Develop and implement a national sales strategy by identifying trends and focusing on the client’s needs and industry challenges.
4. Lead key account management, solution design and successful implementation of new business
5. Identify and convert business opportunities, and strengthen market capabilities and customer relationships with a specific focus on future and new technologies
5. Assume leadership in fostering a strong Schenker network engagement to facilitate trade lane development and interconnected business development
6. Drive proactive collaboration with DB Schenker’s Global Key Account Management and Vertical Market Managers to grow global accounts in Qatar.
7. Facilitate close, customer-focused collaboration and communication with product teams, branch management and trade lane partners
8. Maintain, improve and manage Sales KPIs and measurement processes
9. Monitor business development and customer activities, intervene in specific issue management and implement corrective actions
10. Foster mentoring, coaching and motivating sales staff and create an environment for successful sales Accurately forecasting future sales and forming sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace
1. Min 3-5 years of business experience, mainly in international logistics with extensive sales, key account management and business development exposure
Proven success record in sales management and in closing sales to large MNCs
2. Experience in sales management and successful team leadership
3. University graduated, Bachelor's degree (preference would be given to such candidates)
including financial implications
5. Transferrable Visa
6. Qatar Driving License with own car.
We’re strong believers in continual training and development for our people. After all, your success is our success.
Our vacation and leave policies reflect our belief in proper work-life balance.
See the world with DB Schenker! If you’re searching for an international challenge, we offer plenty of opportunities.
Private medical insurance for yourself as per the company policy
Economy class two-way ticket as per company policy to your home country
As per the company policy