Launched in Bahrain in November of 2019, Calo is on a mission to make healthy easy. We’re a team of dedicated people driving this mission by providing better, faster, and cheaper ways to access food through technology.
The Strategic Food Buyer will be joining the Supply Chain team, and will contribute to helping our internal customers (Operations, Research & Development, Marketing and Finance) getting the materials and services in the right time, right quality & right cost.
We are looking for an experienced Food and Non-Food Strategic Buyer to utilize the operation of purchasing, receiving, and the management of food supplies. Additionally, they will establish and maintain good working relationships with external suppliers and internal Calo functions.
The ideal candidate has great analytical and negotiation skills, ability to identify the most profitable offers, and evaluating vendors. They are also well-versed in food supply management principles and practices. The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
- Develop and maintain the food and non-food ingredients supply network for Qatari market
- Maintain the right stock level across owned materials
- Negotiate prices with suppliers, ensuring food ingredients consistently supplied at the right time, in the right quantities, and with the right quality
- Receive and analyse requisitions
- Manage and coordinate the daily deliveries in the warehouse
- Develop and maintain a food management database to keep accurate records of inventory, purchases, and food waste
- Ensuring the availability of ingredients through safety stock planning
- Coordinate with the Head Chef and Research & Development team to test the quality of new ingredients
- Work closely with warehouse teams to ensure stocks are properly stored and maintained including proper stock rotation in fridges, freezers, etc
- Use a food inventory management database to track food and beverages ordered, amounts used, and costs
- Coordinate with the accounts team for invoices processing, payments, and reconcile invoices weekly and/or monthly
- Must have had a minimum of 2 years of previous proven experience in food / FMCG, restaurants, hotels or catering businesses in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Intermediate level in MS office applications
- Great analytical skills
- Possess a certification in HACCP or any similar food safety certification is a plus
- Experience with ERP systems is a plus
- Sufficient knowledge in supply chain management
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- A strong team player with solid judgment
- Must be currently located in Qatar
Powered by JazzHR