Position : Electronic Technician (onshore)
Rotation : 11 months on / 1 month off
Start Date : ASAP
Rate : 7000-9500 Qatar Riyals / per month
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Carry out all preventive and corrective maintenance of Radars, VHF / UHF Radios, GPS, AIS, Echo Sounder, Gyro Compass, UPS, AC / DC Power Supply unit etc.
2. Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance of Vessel Traffic system and its associated equipment including desktop PCs, display monitors etc.
3. Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance on Weather monitoring systems including meteorological and oceanographic sensors, radio telemetry, solar charging panels, batteries etc.
4. Liaise with QP supervisor / Foreman to obtain work permits
5. Provide weekly work done reports to QP supervisor.
6. Ensure all work is carried out safely in line with QP HSE rules & regulations
7. Troubleshoot, repair & maintenance of electric and electronic systems on vessels and port traffic systems such as buoys and radar systems, etc.
8. Read & understand electrical / electronic schematics & circuit diagrams and troubleshoot various test & measuring equipments.
9. Undertake other assignments as deemed appropriate by SMIT management.
10. Work in a safety conscious manner and at all times use appropriate safety equipment and relevant PPE
Qualification : Electronic Technician & minimum of 3 year diploma in Electronic / Communication engineering