About this role :
1.Applies COMPANY Code of Practice for Lifting Equipment to provideguidance and oversee the activities and documentation required.
Review and recommend improvements to key practices, procedures andplans ensuring effective and smooth project execution;2.
Acts asFocal Point for Major Projects Lifting and Handling Operations.Reviews and approves Critical Lifting Plans and attends lifts asrequired.
Have stewardship of all the cranes in major projects andmaintain an updated list. Reports monthly to Major Projects ofcranes certification status;
3. Determines standardsfor, and participates in, the monitoring and assessment of liftingoperations;4. Provides technical support for the selection andqualification of Lifting Operation contractors / sub-contractors andensures contractors’ processes and procedures areeffective and meet COMPANY requirements and Qatar governmentregulations;
5. Leads the inspection and validation ofall major projects lifting equipment prior to mobilisationincluding onshore, offshore and marine vessels / bargesincoordination with respective PMT;
6. Conducts risk basedevaluation of complex technical issues that may have significantimpacts to overall project execution and manages the timelydelivery of technical deliverables and issues resolution;
7. Promotes best practice within COMPANY, sharing informationand ideas with affected organizations;8. Verifies and ensurescompliance with Company requirements, standards, specifications andinstructions;
9. Supports MP projects throughperformance of audits and condition checks for fitness for purposeof lifting equipment, appliances andaccessories.