· Ensure that you fully understand the business strategy and positioning of the SWBH brand, and that you are able to effectively articulate this positioning in the marketplace.
· Maintain a personal up-to-date knowledge on all SWBH product and service offerings, and the products, services, rates and new developments of key competitors, and an awareness of general industry trends.
· Approach personal sales activities from a strategic perspective, understanding the relative importance and priority of the current account base, and directing personal sales efforts accordingly.
· Continually review the actual production of each account against the potential for that account, and review suggestions for improvement with department leadership.
· Focus on assertively establishing new client contacts and developing detailed information on the potential revenues from these accounts.
· Achieve personal financial and non-financial performance objectives, working with department leadership to ensure these objectives are met.
· Take responsibility for your own professional development, ensuring that you have the financial literacy, negotiation and face-to-face selling skills needed to successfully do your job.
· Maintain accurate management status reporting on business results, and associated action planning.
· Practice effective cost control and adhere to internal procedures for approval of expenditure
· Actively participate in client familiarization trips, site inspections, sales trips and roadshows as required to meet the sales targets of the hotel.
· Liaise effectively with all operational colleagues, providing support and information to ensure accurate delivery of our promise
· Drive opportunities to up sell and cross-sell SWBH products
· Maintain a full working knowledge of the IT support tools used in the world of sales today, including sales-specific software, property PMS, the Microsoft Office tool set
· Ensure that all administration is processed quickly and efficiently.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
• Pro-active, self motivated, loves challenges
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a 5 star Hotel
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to achieve sales targets and work in a highly pressurized environment
• Passion to lead and a desire to succeed