COMPANY NAME : NAKILAT-KEPPEL OFFSHORE & MARINE LIMITED WORK LOCATION : RAS LAFFAN Job Summary and Purpose :
Ensure that the Safety and Occupation Health Systems within the organization are up-to-date at all times, and coordinate to enhance the safety and health standards, through reviewing and following-
up on safe working practices at work sites, and developing and implementing the SHE-MS for continuous improvement, which is in line with the requirements of the ship repair industries. Qualifications :
Key Accountabilities : 1. Conduct relevant risk assessments and job safety analysis as and when required, and provide recommendations to mitigate these risks.
2. Responsible for developing and coordinating various Safety, Health and Environment related training programs for the company employees
3. Responsible for issuing work permits as well as monitoring effective implementation of permit to work system for various departments / contractors.
4. Ensure that the staff is completely familiar with the emergency evacuation procedures.
5. Conduct emergency evacuation drills to check the emergency preparedness of the facility and also ensure that safety systems are well maintained, and coordinate with relevant people to ensure that everyone adheres to the pre-determined schedules.
6. Carry out periodic site / accommodation inspections to monitor the HSSE situation in the facilities and report findings to relevant parties for appropriate actions (if any).
7. Ensure that set safety standards are maintained at all times.
8. Identify the requirements of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the company, evaluate sources for procuring good quality PPE, and ensure that there is adequate supply of PPE and other emergency equipment at all times.
9. Enhance the culture of safety across the organization, and increase awareness by ensuring notices and signs are posted to update employees with the latest safety standards and developments.
10. Develop health and safety awareness tools such as HEES Handbook, emergency response handbook, HSSE Posters and desk safety materials like calendars, messages, etc., as and when required.
11. Organize campaigns (quizzes, awareness videos and presentations, etc.) to create awareness among the staff, and gauge their level of knowledge about HSSE procedures, and provide detailed analysis on the outcome to the respective chief / manager.
12. Monitor near misses and ensure that these incidents are recorded.
13. Take lead in accidents investigations, and work proactively to ensure that recommended corrective actions are implemented within the established timeframe.
14. Review and analyze injury and incident reports received and suggest additional mitigation actions, if any.
15. Prepare lessons learnt circulars and promulgate to other Nakilat entities to share experience.
16. Advises trades on incompatible work and safe execution of operation on projects and on specific hazards identification, risk control and implementation on measures taken during risk assessments.
17. Conducts and coordinates emergency drills and prepares drill reports.
18. Monitors that safe work practices are implemented and enforced in all operations and in compliance to the High Impact Risk Activities (HIRA) at all times and stops work where conditions or practices are unsafe.