Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is looking for an Application Engineer who has a strong technical background in power system protection.
Successful candidates will work with customer to apply SEL protection and control devices, solve application challenges and offer customers unmatched value in our products and services.
If you are an engineer with demonstrated experience in electric power systems and interested in applying your skills to promote, support, and develop products and solutions that serve the electric power industry, we invite you to join our team in Qatar! Essential Duties and Responsibilities 1.
Develop expertise of power systems, system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, testing and all related SEL products.
2. Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses and telephone contact. 3. Provides solutions to a wide variety of increasingly difficult problems.
Solutions are increasingly imaginative, thorough, and practical. Independently supports customers for at least two knowledge areas of their specialization field.
4. Contributes to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature. 5. Participates and presents at SEL marketing and sales activities, industry technical meetings, and conferences.
6. Teaches SEL University courses within core area. 7. Publishes multiple application guides, notes, template guides, software tools, and / or technical conference papers.
8. Provides assistance on products and applications to engineers, associates, and interns. 9. Regular contributions through customer feedback process, FAQ entries, IMI teams, and improving SELU training material.
Identifies WCM initiatives and leads efforts to improve. 10. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.
11. Understand. Create. Simplify. 12. Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent engineering degree) Typically 6+ years of experience in power systems, industry practices, and system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing Ability to write and speak English coherently Excellent technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills Strong communicator.
Actively identifies and pursues ways to improve customer experience. Experiments to find new solutions and encourages others to do the same.
Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others easily. Inspires, motivates, and encourages others. Ability to successfully carry out tasks, planning, instruction, and leadership Models high standards of honesty and integrity Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities Capable of selecting, applying and teaching principles, theories, and concepts in specialization field.
Background check results satisfactory to SEL Negative drug test result(s) SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer : M / F / Vets / Disabled.