DohaWANTED FOR GRADE 'A' CONTRACTING COCHIEF ACCOUNTANTWe are a Grade A Contracting Co. operating in Qatar for over 3 decades.
Our main specialization is in Civil Infrastructure projects involving mostly the construction, refurbishment & maintenance of underground water, sewerage & drainage networks and related civil infrastructure works.
We are looking for a highly qualified CHIEF ACCOUNTANT with Extensive experience and excellent managerial skills of no less than 15 yrs.
in the above fields.Essential Requirements : MIN. 15 years work Exp. As Chief Accountant with CONSTRUCTION Companies in GCC.
B.Com & MBA from a reputed UniversityAge must be bet. 40 - 45 yrs. & change of Sponsorship is a mustProficient in Accounting packages (Tally)Strong personality and excellent managerial skillsExcellent computer skills with perfect self-correspondencePerfect English spoken and written, Arabic is an advantageCore Duties and Responsibilities : 1.
Banking1.1. Process project financing facility applications for new projects in ccordination with QS Department1.2. Prepare and submit approved applications for bonds (tender bonds, performance bonds,retention bonds and bank guarantees)1.
3. Prepare LC applications1.4. Prepare correspondence on LC Application,amendments, validity extensions all LC related work.
1.5. Prepare bank fund transfer applications for payments where cheques are not required1.6. Prepare cash position report including cash flow statement for Management information and record.
1.7. Prepare and compile financial Statements and other report required by Management2. Procurement2.1. Receiving Purchase Requisitions from Project / Site Engineers, DC and Garage and distribute with requirements to attach Ledgers, budget and other supporting documents required before sending to MD / DMD for Approval.
2.2. Preparing Purchase Orders in accordance with Purchase requisitions received from Project Managers at Project sites2.
3. Verifying Delivery notes against orders from concerned end users / recipients.2.4. Receiving (in coordination with colleagues) invoices from Vendors and sending scanned copy OF invoice and Purchase Order through mail to respective Engineers, QS for Verification / Approval to obtain with related document (RFI and Drawing etc.
3. Administration & Audit3.1. Drafting correspondence as required by MD3.2. Verification of Payroll against Payroll masterlist, Comparative Analysis, allocation per Project / department including the WPS application3.
3. Compilation of Audit Schedules in coordination with colleagues in Accounts including assisting External Auditor in the annual audit.
4. Accounts4.1. Verification of Accounts payable (vendors & subcontractors) against SOA and attachments including cheque writing4.
2. Provide assistance & supervision to colleagues in Accounts4.3. Verify Posting of Client invoices submitted to Ashghal and furnished by QS4.
4. Verification of petty cash summary and attachments prepared by Accountants4.5. Verify SOA and HOE prepared for DMD & MD4.
6. Posting of transactions, reconciliation of accounts in coordination with the Accountants.4.7. Write cheques and Bank Payment Vouchers.