Job Title : SR. COMPLETION ENGINEER
Reference Code : OG-7003019
Drilling and completion
Primary purpose of job
Provide onsite technical support and contractor supervision during well integrity investigations. The incumbent is responsible to verify the integrity of the well and to ensure it is safe to produce or inject during the well life.
The incumbent will also develop recommendations to resolve well integrity problems.
and learnings are captured for subsequent investigations.
2. Prepare well integrity investigation programs to achieve the objectives specified by Well Integrity Onshore (UDI / 1 team).
Such programs (including contingency and safety provisions) shall be prepared in accordance with the DRM Policies Standards and Procedures to ensure safe and efficient operations.
3. Interpret SCADA & WIMS data, and give recommendations based on sound engineering principles to determine the failure mode and associated risks for defective wells.
Thereafter perform a thorough evaluation and recommend prioritization and remedial action.
4. Ensure that all HSE risks are identified and that measures are put in place to mitigate risks and prepare programs accordingly.
In particular ensure that HSE requirements are never compromised and that operations are performed in compliance of the Drilling Reference Manual (DRM), the Drilling and Completions Department Life Saving Rules and Corporate HSE requirements.
5. Monitor daily expenditure during implementation of Well Services Well Integrity operations to achieve cost optimization and effective utilization of QatarEnergy resources.
6. Recommend new technologies related to well integrity to improve the long-term reliability of wells and reduce operational costs.
7. Investigate operational problems, analyze root causes, and prepare associated recommendations and action plans to prevent their re-occurrence.
8. Prepare and update Well Integrity operational and safety procedures, in line with international industry standards, for incorporation into the Drilling Reference Manual.
9. Prepare the operational input for the Well Integrity 5 year Activity Plan, including budget (Capex & Opex), division objectives and HSE targets as well as a summary of the prior year achievements to ensure the optimization of future operations and appropriate budget provisions.
10. Review all Well Integrity contracts to optimise the use of contractor’s equipment and services and to ensure efficient operations are performed in accordance with the DRM standards and HSE requirements.
Experience & Skills