1) Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.2) Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
3) Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level4) Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
5) Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
6) Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
7) Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools.
8) Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.9) Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
10) Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter's hand and power tools.
11) Select and order lumber and other required materials.12) Maintain records, document actions and present written progress reports.
13) Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses and buildings, using paint, hand tools, and paneling.14) Prepare cost estimates for clients or employers.
15) Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas such as heating and electrical wiring work.16) Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures17) Work with and / or remove hazardous material.
18) Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.19) Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
20) Fill cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
21) Perform minor plumbing, welding and / or concrete mixing work.22) Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
Contract length : 24 monthsJob Types : Full-time, PermanentSalary : QAR1,000.00 - QAR1,300.00 per monthExperience : Carpentry : 1 year (Preferred)