1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the HMC mission, vision and values. 2. Responsible for the direction, supervision and control of a group of staff assigned in the area.
3. Provide in-house professional civil, electrical and / or mechanical engineer's services and support to hospital departments.
4. Administer and coordinate all activities pertaining to civil, electrical and / or mechanical engineering works and services.
5. Prepare specifications of civil, electrical and / or mechanical works associated with in-house projects and monitor civil, electrical and / or mechanical contract work on behalf of HMC as designated.
6. Review specifications and drawings prepared by private consultants ensuring design meets statutory, HMC and recognized international health industry requirements.
7. Conduct regular evaluation of installed electrical and / or mechanical plants and systems and propose and / or design and implement the appropriate replacement or modifications as part of the facility upgrading programs.
8. Provide technical support to Materials Management and hospital departments in the procurement of electrical and / or mechanical engineering services, equipment’s and materials in terms of specifications preparation and participation in bid evaluation.
9. Support and implement, in conjunction with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), an effective planned preventive maintenance programmed of equipment under his responsibility, updating same regularly.
10. Submit yearly capital equipment, manpower and tools requirements for the section or unit as part of the department's annual budget preparation programed.
11. Complies with HMC policies and procedures; and in particular infection control, safety and quality management. 12. Performs other duties as requested.