INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
HEAD, INFORMATION PROTECTION
Primary Purpose of Job
Primary purpose of the role Head, Information Protection is to ensure information within QP is protected and used appropriately according to identified risk and regulatory controls.
This role requires identification of information controllers and processors within QP and extensive interaction with information controllers and processors to manage how information is used and ensure QP guidelines and regulatory requirements are met.
1. Bachelor degree in information security, computer science, or engineering.
Experience & Skills
1. Preferably 15 years of relevant professional experience; 7 years in a managerial role in a large enterprise.
2. Experience with and expert knowledge of international and local data protection regulations and guidelines (e.g., GDPR, Qatari Privacy Law, etc).
3. Preference for a strong background in legal aspects of with information protection regulation.
4. Professional certifications in information security management and standards compliance (e.g., CISSP, CISA, GIAC, ISO 27001, etc) and experience with control frameworks (e.
g., NIST Cybersecurity Control Framework).
5. Experience with large ICS & ICT environments in the Energy sector, preferably in Oil & Gas.
6. Experience in information protection and community building.
7. Knowledge of information security capabilities, requirements analysis and control effectiveness.
8. Knowledge of information use across a broad spectrum of information platforms and applications (e.g., SAP), including controls available within those platforms.
9. Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.