Job Title : GEOPHYSICIST
Reference Code : OG-7002995
QatarEnergy is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.
The principal activities of QatarEnergy, its subsidiaries and jointventures are the exploration, production, local and international saleof crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products, syntheticfuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.
Qatar Energy's strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration anddevelopment is through Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements(EPSA) and Development and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA)concluded with major international oil and gas companies.
The operations and activities of QatarEnergy and its affiliates areconducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.
Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service.
At QatarEnergy, we are committed to one thing aboveall : Excellence.
OPERATED OFFSHORE OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Primary purpose of job
Collect, analyze, and evaluate geophysical data for well placement and perform geohazard analysis for well planning. Estimate the risk-level using the geophysical data and contribute to well proposals / prognoses.
Contribute to multidisciplinary sector review by integrating all static and dynamic data and performing seismic interpretation.
1. Perform a detailed geo-hazard analysis for well planning using available seismic data and contribute to well proposals / prognoses.
interpret final borehole seismic results.
incorporate findings into annual review as necessary.
4. Construct seismic velocity models and carry-out basic time-depth conversion when needed.
5. Support studies and drilling activities and participate in the reviews and evaluations of geophysical studies conducted by third parties.
6. Provide steer to projects related to the processing and reprocessing of seismic data by third parties.
7. Monitor work compliance by Geophysical service providers and contractors and QA / QC Geophysical data and maintain Geophysical databases.
8. Provide on-the-job coaching and development of Qatari staff.
Experience & Skills