Company representative on the offshore jack-up drilling rig and thereby to be responsible for all operations on the rig and to ensure they are performed in a safe and efficient manner and achieve their objectives.
1. Direct and control operations at the rig site to ensure they are performed In accordance with Company requirements and without accidents of any kind.
In particular ensure that the operations are efficiently and safely performed in compliance with the approved drilling or workover program, the Drilling Reference Manual ORM the Drilling Department Golden Rules, and that all rig site personnel are aware of and adhere to these requirements.
2. Manage HSE at the rig site as the highest priority by demonstrating visible HSE leadership and an unrelenting commitment to a safe working environment.
This shall include : Participating in the Drilling Contractors "STOP" program to
identify unsafe conditions or procedures, performing at least one full STOP walkabout per week and encouraging active participation by all Service Company personnel in the STOP program to eliminate accidents before they occur.
3. Report all HSE incidents in a timely and accurate manner using the SAP system, and lead the initial on-site investigation of all incidents and near misses, to identify and document the sequence of events and immediate causes of the incident as quickly as possible.
4. Resolve operational problems as they arise within the framework of the policies and standards, and ensure that non-routine or unforeseen activities are always meticulously planned and organized to identify potential hazards and to
5. Review the drilling or workover program prior to the start of operations to ensure that the equipment and personnel on the rig are capable to perform the work and that there are no errors or anomalies in the program.
6. Report all daily activities and enter well data and cost information in Open-Wells, to ensure complete and correct record of activities with accurate cost Information for future analysis and performance improvement.
7. Manage the bi-weekly BOP pressure and function test, and sign-off the test record and pressure charts. Verify the correct BOP certification is available at the rig site, to ensure the Integrity of this critical equipment in accordance with Company standards.
8. Manage rig operations by planning and prioritizing activities, and making written instructions for the Drilling Contractor OIM and service Company representatives, to ensure that the program objectives are achieved in an efficient and timely manner and within budget.
Provide written handover to back-to back DSV and maintain a record of lessons learned and improvement opportunities, to facilitate continuous performance improvement.
9. Supervise and monitor all Contractors involved in the rig operations, to ensure a high quality of work is performed in accordance with Company requirements.
This shall include assessing and documenting service quality, verifying certification, and compliance documents for all equipment and chemicals delivered to the rig site.
10. Monitor, train and support new graduate engineers. This shall include assigning specific tasks to broaden the learning process to ensure effective on-the-job training and development of Qatari nationals.
Experience & Skills
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector.
Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer.
What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none.
We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.