Job Purpose :
s design processesand procedures can deliver contract goals. Liaises with PMT onengineering activities, progress, and issues.
1. Provide engineering leadership and expertise for PMTengineering staff, to ensure alignment on project engineeringneeds, objectives and requirements in close liaison withappropriate members of PMT (Business, Interface / Execution,Construction, Quality, and Safety).
2.Manage the preparation and technical evaluation of multiple EPCtenders for large capital projects ensuring compliance with projectrequirements and technical alignment with Client Operations.
Assesscontractor capability and ensure PMT or other technical support isavailable to address gaps.
3. Manage theEPC Contractor's activities with respect to engineeringexecution ensuring adequate resources, design tools, executionplans, procedures, specifications, standards,
contractdocuments, progress measurements and reports are all in compliancewith project objectives, goals and agreed contractual terms.
4. Conduct risk based evaluation of complextechnical issues that may have significant commercial impacts tooverall project execution and manage the timely delivery oftechnical
attachments and scope description to allpurchase orders for fabrication and construction contracts.
5. Manage the Master Data Register (MDR) and ownthe engineering schedule and critical milestones (HAZOP, ModelReviews, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc.).
Through personal knowledge and experiencetogether with previous lessons learned identify and address anyschedule delays.
6. Manage engineeringdesign in accordance with the project’s change managementprogram ensuring quality assurance and production timing ofengineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved projectexecution schedule.
7. Develop and monitorproject engineering budgets ensuring all activities are funded inorder to successfully meet the project deliverables.
Monitor,investigate and reconcile any significant variances as necessaryincluding resolution of EPC contractor claims.
8. Provide engineering data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.)for the monthly progress reporting and retain responsibility forcapturing and communicating engineering and design lessonslearned.
9. Cooperate with review teamsand support post-audit activities
JobContext & Major Challenge(s
Plans, manages, coordinates and monitors theactivities of the EPC Contractor ensuring delivery in accordancewith project requirements from contract award until finalProvisional Acceptance Certificate.