Technology Innovation and Engineering Education Unit
College / Department Profile
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
College of Engineering Profile
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Duties & Responsibilities
Faculty is required to teach and conduct research in Engineering Education. Leads innovation in the area of design and technology-enhanced pedagogy in teaching and learning and immersive technologies like VR and AR.
Engage the university community and provides strategic leadership in creating institutional culture and capacity for innovative design with emerging technologies.
The faculty works closely with the university’s academic groups, faculty and IT in the design, development, management and evaluation of new digital learning initiatives with educational technologies.
In addition, the faculty will manage the multidisciplinary aspects in the college such as the Multidisciplinary Senior Design course.
1. Provide leadership in innovation for enhancing teaching and learning through the identification, evaluation, adoption, and integration of effective educational technology innovation
2. Promotes the integration of technology into the educational environments of the university.
3. Provide design consultation for individual faculty and academic units to advance innovative digital learning initiatives.
4. Provide activities, which foster collaboration and adoption of effective practices for design and digital learning.
5. Lead key initiatives and curriculum development programs via digital learning technologies.
6. Conduct and disseminate research and analysis on emerging and immersive (VR / AR / MR) technologies, instructional design theories and approaches.
7. Coordinate and promote multidisciplinary collaboration in the college via research, student groups and design courses.
8. Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University
Education and Certifications
PhD degree from a reputable university in Engineering Education or Technology Innovation or related field whether in Engineering or instructional design
Relevant experiences in Engineering Education or Technology Innovations.
Scholar activities such as publications in indexed elated journals and reputable conferences.
applicant should apply online through the i-recruitment systembycreatinga personal account and provide the following :
1. Detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae
2. Cover letter explaining the motivation to join the TIEE Unit
3. Statement of research
4. Statement of teaching
5. Three recent recommendation letters from currentorpreviousemployers (including full contact information,completeaddresses withemails and telephones numbers)
6. Detailed list of courses taught in previousuniversities(withstudent evaluation, if possible).
7. Copies of highest earned credentials (Ph.D.degree,transcripts,HDR, etc.).
8. Any additional document that can support the application.