The U.S. Mission in Saudi Arabia is seeking an individual for the position of Consular Assistant in the Consular Section of its Consulate General in Dhahran.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Jobholder must screen incoming documentation and information from a variety of sources (public counters, NVS, INS, mail, phone calls, etc.
to organize and track visa requests accordingly to a relatively complicated set of laws and procedures so that the Consular Officer can make decisions and ensure that the legal requirements of the application have been met.
1. Required Education : Completion of secondary school is required.
2. Required Experience : From 2-4 years of progressively responsible Administrative / Government service, preferably involving the application of complex status and / or regulations is required.
3. Language Requirements : English Level IV (fluent Read / Write / Speak) ability.
4. Knowledge / Other Criteria : A basic knowledge of the State Department procedures and a standard knowledge of the consular services environment.
5. Other Skills : Standard clerical, keyboard / data entry and IT software experience. Basic numerical and mechanical skills.
Exercise of tact and judgment in dealing with the public. Ability to work under pressure for long periods of time. Ability to draft correspondences in English.
Ability to apply good judgment in applying complex statues and regulations.