SQL Server DBA is responsible for managing Client Database Servers across the multiple sites. The responsibilities include administrating the day-
to-day technical activities related to maintaining reliable and effective SQL environments responsive to the requirements of Information Systems.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Managing & Responsible for SQL Server version from 2000 2016 across the platforms.
2. High Availability features like Clustering and AlwaysON are used for Mission Critical Database which ensure the availability of Database.
3. Installation and Configure SQL Database Servers as per policy.
4. Also monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
5. Proactively managing the Database Fragmentation to optimize the Application performance weekly basis.
6. Troubleshooting and resolving Database Integrity, Blocking and Deadlocking issues.
7. Use of extended events to capture the DDL events on the Database.
8. Query optimizing and Performance Tuning, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
9. Using SQL Server tools such as Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, and System sprocs.
10. SQL Server Reporting Service to manage the inventory.
11. Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I / O, disk space and other resource contention.
12. Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
13. Using Scripting language like PowerShell, VBScript for Alerts and managing the SQL Database baselines
14. Providing 24x7 support for critical Production systems.
Additional qualifications :
Work experience :
Professional experience :
Working knowledge of SQL Server Administration
Working knowledge of event, incident & problem management processes and tools
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS :