Al Udeid Air BaseThis position is contingent upon contract award and is located at Al Udeid Air Base (AUAB), Qatar.The Recreational Manager will coordinate and manage all aspects of a contract for morale / welfare / recreation (MWR) services, to include fitness center operations, lounge operations, community activity centers, learning resource centers, media centers, theater operations, pool and lifeguard services, and marketing operations.
The Recreational Services task Lead is responsible for managing and coordinating activities and functions required for supporting international projects and offices on Al Udeid Air Base (AUAB).
The Recreational Services Task Lead will serve as the in-country on-site (AUAB) representative for all contracted MWR activity, and report directly to the contract’s on-
site Site Manager, ensuring all elements of the contract are performed within scope and required quality levels.This position is responsible for meeting our contract work requirements, including scheduling of personnel, work supervision, and quality control.
The Recreational Services task Lead shall perform all services IAW the policies and guidance of the contract and host nation policies, guidance and requirements necessary to meet mission requirements.
The Recreational Services Task Lead will be required to make decisions, direct all subcontractors assigned to the contract, and manage subcontracting services associated with the contract.
The Recreational Services Task Lead, through the Site Manager or Alternate Site Manager will be required to immediately respond to customer complaints and provide resolution to problems within short time parameters identified in the contract.
In support of an awarded contract, at a minimum the recreationalEssential Responsibilities : 1. Create, manage and maintain coverage for multiple facilities.
2. Must be able to create, maintain recreational programs at multiple recreational facilities. Ensure implement and maintain an ongoing comprehensive sports and fitness program.
3. Ensure fitness center equipment is in safe working condition to meet contract requirements for operation, safety, and security.
4. Operate recreational facilities 24 hours a day / 7 days a week and IAW DoD fitness center standards.5. Provides direction and leadership to assigned personnel.
6. Must be able to create special events or incentive programs to encourage health and wellness.7. Understand and maintain company policies and procedures of the contractual requirements.
8. Ensure adherence to all maintenance, housekeeping, and safety and facility procedures.9. Provides direction and leadership to assigned personnel.
10. Supervise, coach and lead work teams in the accomplishment of goals and tasks in support of specific programs.11. Able to develop, coordinate and direct multiple sporting events.
Coordination includes preparation and distribution of appropriate marketing materials and activity calendars.12. Interface with customers to determine specific needs and requirements.
13. Able to complete, maintain, and submit contract documentation requirements. Maintain appropriate recordkeeping.14. Corresponds with all functional area supervisors / leads regarding schedules, LN accountability, facility or equipment failures, serious injury, medical evacuation or emergency leave of any expatriate employee.
15. Ensure the facility is operating and functioning properly according to the PWS requirements16. Interface with designated government representatives and other contractor elements to ensure smooth operations and compliance with government directives, standards, and needs.
17. Ensure all administrative duties are properly completed and filed properly.18. Will be responsible for service coverage for all facilities (24 hours a day / 7 days a week) with sufficient trained personnel to support all morale welfare and recreation events and activities.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands : Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech / hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning / organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Other Responsibilities : Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment.
As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid / buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction.
It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts.
Each employee must read and understand his / her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.Procedure Compliance -
Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his / her job.
Minimum RequirementsBachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Recreational Management or a minimum of 10 years of experience in supervising and managing recreational services in the areas of fitness center operations, lounge operations including bar services, community activity centers, learning resource centers, media centers, theater operations, pool and lifeguard services, and marketing operations.
Experience managing staff of management, area leads, and other operations personnel.Additional Requirements : + Immediately upon hire obtain and maintain Qatari work visa.
Preferred QualificationsN / AWhat We OfferWhen you join AECOM, you become part of a company that ispioneering the future .
Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come.
We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that championsinclusion, diversity and overallemployee well-
being through programs supported by company leadership. Ourcore values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not onlydelivering a better world , but working to make amazing happen in each neighborhood, community and city we touch.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.